A traditional space with porcelain figurines, heavy fabrics, and tall taffeta drapes seems stiff. On the other hand, a modern room with no cushions and harsh edges seems cold and blatant. You can choose the transitional design style…….a blend of traditional and modern.
If you reside in Deschutes County, then look for Bend Oregon interior designer on complementshome.com. They can help your interior remodel process from start to finish. You get to choose from a lot of style options including transitional.
Several reasons people adore the transitional interior style
- Transitional style allows creating a cohesive interior design with a thoughtful blend of modern, contemporary, and ancient furnishings.
- Transitional is for those who are uninterested in locking interior aesthetics to a single style or era.
- It allows expressing your taste, which will be unique. There will be no similar-looking transitional home anywhere.
- It is an attention-grabber and makes a good first impression on your guests.
Challenges of perfecting the transitional interior design style
- The scale has to be right – The oversized focal points like the sofas, coffee table, chairs, artwork, or dining room table must be kept. It means keeping the somewhat same size furnishings in a room to get the scale right. Place furniture like large chairs and couches in groups. It has to be the focal point.
- Minimum accessories – Keep the décor accents simple and interesting. It must not overwhelm the space or be visually distracting. Common accessories include throw pillows, blankets, area rugs, potted plants, etc. It will give the space a comfy vibe.
- Color – Multiple patterns and color within a room that compete with each other is not pleasing to the eyes. You feel confused about focusing. On the other hand, extreme commonality makes things blend. The aim here is to attain a varied look. Therefore, identify common denominators that will work seamlessly without looking very similar.
- Textiles – Keep textiles to four or five complementary shades of different patterns. It offers an ultimate feel of visual play.
- Lighting – Lighting can create a huge impact. You can add a molecular light or a contemporary chandelier and create a remarkable focal piece.
- Texture – Luxurious plush area rug will add color and anchor the room furniture. It is essential in a bedroom design. The neutral colored traditional knotted carpet will complement the space.
- Window treatments – Choose solid straight lines of classic drapes to highlight the different elements of the room. Designers suggest sheer white curtains with a tonal embroidered valance to create a formal vibe.
- Wood furniture – The cherished ornate wood furniture is re-trending in transitional spaces. You can add a large bookstand or a dresser or a dining table and adore its craftsmanship.
- Metallic accents – Metallic elements work impeccably with any interior style. You can incorporate copper, bronze, or gold via accessories, lighting, and side tables. You can choose mixed metals or a single metal finish for a modern-day trendy look.
Transitional interior design styles are unexpected. However, carefully coordinate the mix, so that eyes move pleasing across space. Every element stands independently yet together creates a rich collection that works brilliantly in synch.