Take yoga, add a fair amount of isometric exercises and a sprinkle of ballet – and guess what you’ll get? Pilates – a type of workout that gained a lot of popularity in recent years. It doesn’t surprise us, because the benefits are priceless: toning of the body, improvement in flexibility, and reduced stress level.
Pilates and its perks
Pilates is a form of training basically for everyone – it strengthens all the muscles (especially the core), improves posture and decreases back pains that are often caused by working in a sedentary position. If you work in an office from 9 to 5, this training will serve as a great relief for your whole body!
Your first training session – how to get ready?
Find a good pilates studio in your neighbourhood – the one with qualified staff, clean interior and a wide choice of classes suitable for every level of advancement. We recommend renowned Bootcamp Pilates studio. When your first session is booked, get ready by assembling a comfortable outfit, take a bottle of mineral water and go to the studio with a positive attitude! Remember – as in every other sport, begin with a quick warm up to wake up your muscles, and finish with a cool down to reduce soreness and avoid injuries. To maximize the results, eat clean before and after your workout.
A perfect pilates outfit
If you are wondering what you should wear for your first pilates classes, we come to help you! An ideal ladies pilates outfit consists of a couple of elements:
- Pilates leggings – We recommend those made from a knit fabric that are comfortable to wear and support your body effectively. Bonus points if the pilates pants have a pocket for your locker key – it’s so convenient!
- Pilates top – It usually has a casual fit. Look for loose, long pilates top that gives you the ability to move freely. You can definitely play with colours – whether you prefer your pilates t-shirt to be bold and vibrant or pastel and delicate, surely you’ll find a perfect match.
- Pilates sweater – Make sure you have something to cover up always at hand – the pace of the workout is quite slow, so you may feel chilly, especially at the beginning of the session! Pilates long sleeve will keep you warm and cozy.
- Sports bra – Light support bra is sufficient, preferably with mesh panels that act as an additional cooling system.
- Pilates socks – This is an optional step, but they will take your workout to the next level! They are non-slip, low cut and high grip.